Virtual Tours and Open Houses: Taking precaution when showing your home
With the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), Home Bay is offering an alternative solution to show your home safely. Thankfully, open houses and showings don’t have to stop. To ensure the safety of everyone involved in the home selling process, we are strongly encouraging upcoming showings and open houses to be done virtually.
While we are encouraged to stay home, virtual tours are a convenient way to connect with potential buyers and answer questions they may have about your listing. Virtual tours are free and easy to use.
Follow the steps below to perform your virtual tour:
1). Using Home Bay’s online scheduler: Like always, potential buyers will request showings through our online platform. From your Seller’s Dashboard, you will be able to confirm which showings work best for your schedule.
2). Finding the right app for your tour:
Below, you’ll find a list of apps we recommend to to use for your virtual tours:
- Facetime - This app is built into all iOS devices and is an easy way to make a video call if both you and the potential buyer are using iOS devices. (Instructions)
- Google Duo - This app is available for download on iOS and Android. To set up, Google Duo requires verifying your phone number. (Instructions)
- Skype - Skype is also available for download on iOS and Android. Many prefer Skype when using their laptop instead of their phone. (Instructions)
2) Getting your home prepared: As always, preparing your home for a showing is critical. Before your virtual tour, follow these easy to make your home stand out: 10 Easy Staging Tips
3) Using a strong connection: When performing a virtual tour, please make sure you are connected to WiFi to ensure a high resolution viewing experience.
Should you have any questions throughout the virtual tour process, including downloading an app for your virtual tour, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Home Bay agent.
As always, we are dedicated to delivering a great customer experience, especially during this challenging time.
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today