At Home Bay Technologies Inc. ("Home Bay" or "we" or "us" or "our"), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). Home Bay respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
What Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information, including:
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details around a potential transaction. This may occur, for example, when you register on Home Bay, claim a home, correspond with a real estate agent or other service provider via the Services, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email.
- Financial Information. When you order products or services through the Services, Home Bay may collect your credit/debit card information.
- Device and connection information. We collect information associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol address.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information in different ways when you access various parts of the Services, including:
- Usage logs. When you use the Services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Calls. Calls to Home Bay or to third parties through Home Bay may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes.
How We Use Personal Information
In general, Home Bay uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Home Bay also uses this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you. Information you provide about yourself may be combined with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
We may use your personal information to send you emails for a variety of reasons. For example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your home for sale and a buyer sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. If you have an account with Home Bay, you can select your preferences through your account page. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools. We will not share your email address with Facebook. Click here to learn about how you can control the ads you see on Facebook.
We may also use your location information to provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Home Bay where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Home Bay your location), Home Bay may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
To ensure that consumer inquiries are handled promptly, courteously, and accurately, some of the phone calls between you and us or any of our affiliates, agents, assigns and service providers, may be monitored and recorded by us and any of our affiliates, agents, assigns and service providers, to enhance service to you. By using the Services you consent to this monitoring and recording.
If a mobile number is provided, we may text you information about Home Bay. Home Bay does not charge to send or receive text messages as part of our services. However, messages and data rates may apply. Please consult with your wireless carrier for applicable text messaging fees. The manner in which these calls or text messages are made to you may include, but is not limited to, the use of prerecorded/artificial voice messages and/or automatic telephone dialing system. Home Bay may send emails to you at any email address you provide us or use other electronic means of communication to the extent permitted by law.
With Whom Personal Information May Be Shared
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private ("Personal Information"). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Home Bay to share the Personal Information. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent, lender or real estate related vendor through the Services, your name and email address will appear to the recipient of the message.
- Other Service Providers. Certain registration functionality is provided by JanRain, and use is subject to JanRain’s Privacy Statement, located at http://janrain.com/janrain-privacy-statement/.
- Merger or sale. If and when Home Bay is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
How We Protect Personal Information
Personal Information will be processed and stored by Home Bay in databases hosted in the United States. Home Bay has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. Home Bay uses industry-standard encryption technology to secure personal information. However, no transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
Your Personal Information Protection Rights and Choices
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal information. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may refuse requests where exceptions apply.
You have the right to:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to delete or restrict your personal information in certain circumstances ((e.g., if Home Bay is using your personal information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent);
- To require us to restrict our information processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Select whether we share your personal information with third parties by or change your selection by e-mailing us at email@example.com and placing “share” or “do-not-share” in the subject line (please include your full name);
- To object to any of our particular processing activities of your personal information;
- To receive from us the personal information we hold about you, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller;
- Where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority in the US or EU, as applicable, including the data protection regulator in the EU country where you are located; and
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim, if you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, or submit a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (888) 544-4239.
You also have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information:
- You may manage your registration information at any time by visiting and logging into our website using your account log in information;
- You may opt-out of receiving e-mails or newsletters and other offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mails or newsletters; and
- You may be able to configure your browser to reject cookies, but doing so will limit the functionality and negatively impact your experience using the Services.
- If you do not want Home Bay and its marketing services providers to follow your usage of our Services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt out of Cookies/Web beacons from: comScore, Google Analytics, Omniture and Yahoo! Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns. Please note that, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different computer or other electronic device, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
California Residents Privacy Rights
Visiting Our Websites or Using the Services from outside the United States
Users of Our Websites or the Services from the European Union (“EU”)
If your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in the course of providing our websites or the Services to you, we may transfer your personal information outside of the EU, principally to Home Bay’s servers in the United States; this means that your personal information will not have the automatic protection of European information protection laws (including the GDPR) which apply in the EU. In these circumstances, in order to ensure that your personal information continues to have adequate protection when it is transferred outside the EU, your personal information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- Where the transfer is subject to one or more of the appropriate safeguards for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (for example, standard information protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
- A European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection; or
- There exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (for example, where we have your explicit consent).
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EU by contacting us using the details set out below.
Children Under the Age of 13
Home Bay will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. The Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13. If Home Bay learns that personal information of children under 13 years of age has been collected on or through the Services, Home Bay will take the appropriate steps to delete such personal information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has used the Services, please contact us by email at email@example.com to have your child’s transactions terminated and personal information deleted.
Contacting Home Bay
Attention: Privacy Officer
3611 Valley Centre Drive, Suite 175
San Diego, CA 92130
We will attend to your questions, concerns, or instructions promptly.
— Updated May 14, 2020